Monday, February 8, 2010

Second floor.

For people, what people, who people, see.
As if something has changed inside of me.
I'm mad and mad at the same time.
to only be mad means to outwardly express.
which, i don't.
I can't.
but lately, i can.
The embers that are my heart have only burned to ashes.
wind roars through my body.
Cynicism.
Cynical.
A cynic is what i feel myself becoming.
Worthless, life to me now, the meaning is truly changing.
My meaning is truly changing.
How could i change so much.
Hope to hopeless.
As if there's two sides of me now.
There's me and everything i stand for.
Then there's me who questions everything i stand for.
I question reality, i question, faith, i question gravity, i question life, i question steel, i question sight, i question priests, i question oil, i question fact, i question opinion, i question childhood, i question your mind, your past.
I question how karma doesn't exist, why life purposefully has no meaning, why it is our responsibility to live.
The only thing i truly enjoy beyond belief, is sleep.

Silence. There's nothing to achieve, there's nothing to believe.
There's nothing.
I enjoy living nothing, does this mean i enjoy not living?

1 comment:

Intellect Gang said...

Bro, this piece has some pretty morose vibes. :(
The meaning of life isn't non-existent simply because its 'nonbeing' allows for the individual to establish his or her own definition of it as well as their personal purpose in it.
Being the humans that we are, we will always be split into two- man is a walking contradiction.
This constant inquiry is an endless expansion of our intellect, imagination, and possibilities- doesn't that make the journey something beautiful?
Keep pushing through this dark tunnel, Casey. The light is at the end of it... as am I.
Love ya.