Sunday, December 26, 2010

You don't get to do this.

My heart aches, feet cold.
This room was warm, I'm now freezing.
One phone call sent that chill down my spine.
I should have known that it was to good to be mine.
I should have known not to try.
I feel weak, spirit shattered.
Thrown into a dimension where nothing mattered.
Not a thing I could do, not a thing I could say.
Because what I do doesn't matter anyway.
I could try and win you back but there's no point I've lost.
I don't get it.
So cold with all these layers on.
It's like ice has covered my being.
No amount of warmth could ever bring me back.
But what should I do now?
Do I say go away?
Do I just leave them all behind?
Is it them that I define?
Or I who they define.
Do I try to fill the emptiness inside me again?
Do I devoid myself?
What do I do now?
Do I stop caring, should I stop being so kind?
It always ends up the same way.
I really am destined to be alone.
Just like my father,where are you?
From one problem to the next.
Every time i'm always had.
Why do you get to do this?
I don't understand, too nice, too mellow.
I wont ever be your man.

1 comment:

alanna said...

One thing is for sure. You are not destined to be alone. For we all create our own destinies. And you have too much awesomeness to keep it to yourself. After all the necessary heartache you will find someone to be at one with.
Love you bro.