Sunday, July 28, 2013

The More It Rains.

I'd love to live my life as if everything was okay.
But with each and every passing day.
New lessons rob me of my pride.
A constant sorrow, so much so that I'd wish I'd died.

With each lesson comes a consequence.
At my hearts expense.
I comply but to no avail.
This lesson is inside my head and for them just a tale.

I push through and carry on.
But there's no point, just the dawn.
Days pass and people preach.
Def ears those people reach.

There's no authority, just cause for injustice.
No one's prideful, it's just this.
Too many who think they can do.
Too entitled, too new.

These people spread it, the lies the hate.
The camaraderie is gone, it's too late.
There's no reason to be here anymore.
When the people above you don't know the corps.

Selflessness is not a common virtue.
Everyone is here just to hurt you.
There's nothing to gain through out all the pain.
Everything you've learned, now you'll go insane.

When the people who can, wont.
These people become the ones who never will.

Berated, battered. Torn.
This is the life I've worn.
I take off the coat, when I can.
But does that make me less of a man?

Afraid to step up and to step out.
Afraid to live and shout.
Berated battered and torn.
This is the life I've worn.

When your future fails you.
You let me know.
I can share with you the lessons, of this repeating show.

No comments: