Monday, August 10, 2009

Strike a nerve did I?

Stress

From Starred Photos
I wish I was gone. Taking out the garbage, washing the dishes, mowing the lawn, or vacuuming is just fine by me but when I get asked to do a job that I know I shouldn’t have to do alone that’s just stupid. I’ve been asked to take out the thorn bushes in the backyard of my house. They were taken out a few months ago by a tractor thanks to the landlord but since my return the entire yard hasn’t been mowed once. I was gone for exactly a month; I find it ironic that this would happen seeing as the person renting the house bought a riding “lawn mower”. Now that I’m back the thorn bushes are right back to where they were before, no maintenance has been done for almost two months now. The landlord had gotten on the person who rents the place to start fixing up the backyard. What do you think the person renting the place asked me to do? That’s right, fix everything. Now I live here out of choice because I love the community, the school I go to and my friends very much. But I don’t have to live here. I clean the house all the time, mow the lawn, do dishes occasionally and just help the place keep clean. But if it were up to the person renting, this fucking place would be a disaster. I mean really why the hell would you buy something and then not use it? That’s beyond me to figure out. If I spent $700 dollars or more on anything I’d damn well use the crap out of it, but no, that’s not how it goes. The renter hasn’t washed a dish since he was in college, now I’m not saying that this is a bad thing but when it comes to working he acts like his shits gold. It’s very true that I couldn’t do a lot without his money and it’s also very true that my mother happens to be in love with this man. The guy has done amazing things for me in general but as a role model, he’s absolutely terrible. He’s possibly the worst role model I’ve ever had. This is also ironic, the fact that he takes very good care of the things he owns, the house not being one of them. He doesn’t give a damn. So basically what I’ve experienced is that whenever the landlord bitches about anything, I go do it while he sits. I’ve watched people we’ve hired bring 3 or 4 guys into the yard just to do what I do. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

So here’s my dilemma, I want to move out and take care of stuff that is mine. If I had a house, I want that house to be beautiful just the way I bought it. I’m not going to rent a freaking house, it’s just dumb. Here’s the part that’s hard on me, since I try to do everything he tells me it’s actually making me a better person, all the while he sits in irresponsibleness and plays games. I mean really I do the work and he doesn’t learn a thing. The yard isn’t a one time job, it’s a responsibility and any landlord with a backbone would have kicked us out years ago. I wish my role as a nice young man wasn’t being abused by the product of their generation. I like to be a nice person and I like to help out, but when you don’t help me help you then one of us isn’t doing anything. Just saying for the work I do and what we’ve paid others to do and if I were to get paid. I’d have the money to buy 3 riding lawnmowers at least. From all of this experience I’ve gotten in being someone’s lackey I sure wish I could get rewarded. But what can I say; I’m a stupid ignorant teenager who doesn’t know anything. Wrong, I will become the most successful person in my family to date. I have dreams and high hopes for my future and I will never live like this ever again! Have you ever tried to take out thorn bushes that are from the fence five feet over to the back of your lawn? Have you ever tried to untangle an apple tree mixed with thorn bushes? No? It’s like trying to untie barbed wire that’s bout sixteen feet in the air tangled in itself and draped through and over a tree. Absolutely astonishing, I hope. No, I will not live like this ever in my entire life. I will live with respect and respect the things I live with.

No comments: