Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Addicted

From Drop Box

Gaming I admit is a big part of my life and probably always will be but recently I've been pretty much bored with video games since about March. I'd play games like every blue moon from march till now. Ya sure I'll play them here or there but i would never really get into it like i use too. Although the reason i play games kind of stems from having a horrible life atm or if not horrible then a currently boring one. Lately I've thinking about the way i use to play video games and how i use to base my whole day around them. I use to wake up at 12 pm and play till 5 am. Also, back then i never really took care of my self seeing as hot pockets, chips and Mountain Dew pretty much ran my digestive track for about 5 years, probably why my acne was so bad. I've thought about it, from the way i use to play from the casual way i play now. People dream of being able to sit down and play video games all day but realistically that would get really boring to me. For me to actually feel well, i need to work out, eat healthy and socialize i can't be cramped up in my room all day, it just doesn't feel right. Anyway i casually play games now and have been for awhile and i prefer it this way. That way i can just have fun with both. I know a lot of people who have become addicts to the games and addicts to their surroundings. There are self help groups that deal with that sort of thing but when it really comes down to it, do you really need one? Seriously though, games are a major part of my life but in no means will i ever be caught ditching some one or somebody because I'm playing a game. In fact I'll pretty much quit whatever I'm doing to go help someone or hang out.Truth is people run away from their lives to play games, they escape in the world given to them by the developers. It doesn't help that it's also easy to get into it. To be honest, I'd rather live a life where i can socialize and meet people in person than just sit on a video game trying to fulfil my parents neglect. All in all when it comes down to it Video games are great master pieces of art. Many people work on a games including writers, artists, musicians, CG artists, People who write code and graphic designers. without all these people you can't create a video game. Not saying it's impossible but for it to create one but you need people who know this stuff. Video game developers aim to please the fans. What the fans don't realize is that they need to be responsible for their own actions and their own lives. Many people become addicts because they become incompetent and lazy, some times it's just easier than going outside. Countless people have committed suicide because of video game addiction, it's a growing problem. Which is why i will never let myself get too far like i once did. I'm not saying that before this year i played video games 24/7 i just mean that i will never let my self stupor in the low levels of real life again. When you truly realize your life means something to you, you'll stop and realize there are more important things in life. Just sayin, don't get to far or your lives that you've fantasized in a virtual world hyped full of desensitization and brutal annihilation will seem utterly amazing compared to your fickle existence of nothingness in this deep dark world of hurt, so dark that you can't fathom living alone with responsibility's of the every day lives of committed people. "Just sayin watch out for you, not your avatar".

No comments: