Monday, September 21, 2009

In love, with love.


It doesn't matter how strong you are.
How fast you become, or how far you've gone.
When your over something, you know your over it.
I'm not.
It's hard to say it, but I'm not.
When I look at her I still have the smallest of feelings coursing through my veins.
When we talk, I'm disgusted though as I've realized what she really is.
Something inside me that I want to just go away, wont.
I want it gone, I want no more of this weak feeling I have.
I never realized when I said, “she will always have a place in my heart”. That I really meant it.
When I see her or even think of her, the emotions that shroud me become unstable.
I can't help but have the tiniest part of me wonder what could have been.
Yes, I think about it some times, but it's truly over and I'm grateful.
I'm glad I'm no longer there in that position anymore.
I'm happy.
I don't miss her, I just miss what we had.
It's like bacon, everybody loves bacon, but why?
It's because of the meat to fat ratio.
Everyone loves bacon in the fact that well, they don't.
They love it because they love the thought of it.
The perfect meat to fat ratio, you think of it.
Love, it's a lot like bacon.
When it's over cooked, it's not so great.
But cooked perfectly, well, it's amazing.
Just depends on the cut.
Anyway what I mean is that I'm in love with the thought of being in love.
I want that again, not from the people in passed relationships but in someone else.
I want to find it again.
I miss that feeling.
Being in love with the thought of being in love sounds kind of well, “gay”.
I don't really care though, It's not my fault I feel like I'm the only guy on this planet who's ever actually wanted something to last.
What I've learned though, is that things don't last.
Nothing lasts forever.
It's sad but we all know it.
I just want to be there for some one who means a lot to me as much as I can.
It's the only way I can feel like I'm appreciated.
Yeah, when I help people I help my self esteem.
It's what makes the world go round, it's what makes my world go round.
I'm not over it yet.
I am in the way that if I was ever asked again I would say absolutely not.
It's just, it bothers me how much it still effects me.
It shouldn't effect me at all, but it does.
At least I'm not bat shit crazy, that's always a good thing.
I've learned though that it isn't wrong to pursue something you want to do.
Hell if I want it, I'll get it no matter the cost and if I don't, oh well, I can move on.

2 comments:

Intellect Gang said...

Remember, Bro, when I told you that you were never going to stop loving her but you WILL stop hurting? Well, you can't hate a part of you that will always remain. Of course that's hard to do when the physical course of events that get you down make you repulsed- even disgusted- at yourself by making out your forsaken-wished emotion to be completely ridiculous. Feel what you feel, Casey, and don't let your mind ever come in opposition with your heart, for if so, you will never be at peace.

Love,

Intellect Gang said...

p.s. Thanks for the accompanying poem. I am only the artist- although I have my own personal underlying concept/emotion behind my every work-, it is up to the eye of the individual witness to create a story of their own interpretation.

:)