Friday, September 25, 2009

Giving up...



Why you would bother to move forward if you knew you were going to move double the space back?
I don't get why you lied to yourself man.
I don't why you have to interrupt the system.
All you had to do was glide through and you'd be okay.
Instead you went from top to bottom a second time.
I was proud of you man, happy that you were finally on my level.
Then when you realized you had control you had to lose it all for the same stupid reason.
You just could keep your mouth shut, I'm no one to judge but man your like my favorite book.
I know you inside and out, from one argument to the next you could never agree.
I know for a fact that you hate the choices you make.
So why do you fake it to be with them?
You so called friends...
They were just fine when you didn't do shit.
They didn't judge you, In fact they worshiped you for crying out loud.
They hung out with you because they thought you were a great person, not because you had the constant love for drugs that they had.
They just wanted to be friends but they took it to the next level.
You agreed to put yourself below the bar man.
The first drink the first sip the first dip and you came out high on life.
What for? To live on your own and become miserable?
I don't get it man, your my best friend yet you don't call me for anything.
Not even to say hello, you don't talk to me unless you want something from me.
I'm always there though, no matter what.
I listen to what your saying and I hear your thoughts loud and clear.
So why the fuck do you want so badly to get away from here?
Specially this way, why did you have to chose this way?
You think your going to make it big?
I set you up with a radio station man, you never called me.
They were going to let you play for them man.
Instead I never heard another word.
If music is your passion like poetry is mine then you shall succeed.
But if you keep living like this you will become a deadbeat fool.
At the age of twenty-five you will become lost and hopeless and for what?
I was proud of you man, but you left the lead role to another part.
Instead you become guard one and I lead the part.
We were suppose to graduate this year man instead I can't share that with you.
Because of this I can say I've done more than you, I've earned more respect than you and now I'm smarter than you.
For you have no self control in that brain of yours.
Your a follow man, I wish you could follow me.
You don't belong with the people you hang with your better than that man.
I don't understand how you don't understand that it's all who you hang with that makes you, you.
If you hang with the right crowd you will become more like them, no matter what.
Drop outs, I don't understand you didn't even call.
I don't understand what the fuck made you drop the ball?
Was it that retarded aggression toward your parents oppression?
Or do you really think you can make your own home in this life alone?
Seriously in a repossession you think of hopping on trains and living the good life of being a bum.
You wish to eat creamed corn out of a can rather than live up to be a man.
In all truths, I was proud of you man but you let me down.
Your no better than you were before you left, your the same lost soul I wish to protect.
But I can't because we don't see eye to eye.
I understand you and you understand me but you don't understand yourself or the world that's fit to come.
Yeah, you can work for the rest of your life if you want to but I plan on being in retirement.
You'll get no where on drugs and if your lucky your family will take you back.
Just remember man I love you but you gotta pick up the slack.
You say you act like a man yet you can't stand being told what to do.
You say you have respect but what I see is nothing to be proud of.
You had us all going for awhile, until this.
I wish good luck and I will never say goodbye because your my best friend the least you could do is lie.

No comments: